|Torquay down to 10 men.|
One of the Torquay players was then sent off for a bad tackle on Winnard, don't think there was much to argue about. More chances fell to Stanley with Andrew Procter having 2 half-chances before the break. The 2nd half was very much the same, Torquay did have a couple of decent chances to make it level but didn't make the most of them. Stockley then scored a wonderful goal from far out, taking the goalkeeper by surprise and smashing it into the net. Shortly after that Luke Joyce was given a straight red card for some sort of off ball contact. I didn't see much of it but from Mr. Coleman's reaction, the Referee made a ridiculous decision. Our 3rd goal was made by a piece of magic from Bryan Hughes, taking it past the defender and crossing it in for Long to finish. Putting the game to bed. Torquay scored just after the 4th official gave 3 minutes of injury time, but the result was already clear, Stanley win again.....
- Dunbavin - 8. Didn't have much to do, made a great save late on.
- Murphy - 7. Played well, was solid in defence.
- Long - 8. Didn't let anything past him, becoming a key player in the team.
- Winnard - 8. Same as Long. Just as good as Hessey at centre-back.
- McIntyre - 8. Had doubts about him at first but getting used to his new position.
- Procter - 8. Covered every yard.
- Joyce - 7. Played well apart from being sent off.
- Hughes - 9. Pulled the strings, a class above the rest.
- Lindfield - 8. Used the wings really well. Showed passion and I'm glad to see him playing well.
- Amond - 7. Didn't do too much but put himself into dangerous positions.
- Stockley - 8. Wonderful goal, probably his best game in the red shirt.
Match - 7/10Referee - 6/10
My Man of the Match: Bryan Hughes.
Just like to finish by wishing you all a very merry Christmas!
(Photo's supplied by Emily.)