Saturday 4 February 2012

GAME OFF.

Todays game against Crewe Alexandra has been postponed due to a frozen pitch.

I was really looking forward to this one! Two good teams and it would have been a very close match! I was also planning on bringing my mate to his first accrington game so it has messed my day up a bit!

On a more general note I would like to write about how league 1/2 clubs are struggling to keep the games on. Obviously in such a low economic time every business will take an hit, even football clubs. The problem that the lower clubs have got is they cannot afford undersoil heating or whatever stuff that keep the pitch warm. Some clubs struggle to even afford plain covers to go over the pitch! It is extremely rare to see a premiership postponement now and even most championship sides have good enough pitches to fight against the club. No football fan likes to see games being called off and I think that the FA should put some funding into the lower league clubs for that purpose. Its starting to feel like the prem and championship are storming on ahead while the lower leagues are just left to fend for themselves.

On another note, I WILL start writing a match preview & post match reaction again on all the stanley games.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment